Cable moved from one room to another
macd1995

I am having a child and the TV room is becoming a baby room.  i have a third BR that did not have a TV, so I am transferring my cable from one room to another.  Verizon is tell me this will cost $79 for a tech visit and another $54 to do the installation.  This seems ludicrous to me.  Why not ensure that all rooms are cable ready up front?  Anyone else experience this issue?  If so, how did you deal with it?

Thanks!
Dale 

0 Likes
Re: Cable moved from one room to another
PJL
Master - Level 3

@macd1995 wrote:

...This seems ludicrous to me.  Why not ensure that all rooms are cable ready up front?...

Thanks!
Dale 

Because it costs money to "make all rooms cable ready up front."   Do you have a coax to the new room?  If so, you may be able to figure out yourself how to unplug the current room and plug in the new room.  If you don't have coax to the new room, in my humble opinion I don't think it's reasonable to expect Verizon to send a tech to install it for free.  Verizon's approach here is consistent with all cable companies.

0 Likes
macd1995

$125 for switching rooms is ridiculous to me.  If that was explained in the beginning, I would have had it installed in the guest room, because the plan was to use the other room as a baby room eventually..

The update is:

-It really only cost $50, so the woman who gave me the quote was excessive.  $50 seems fair to me.

- All my rooms are wired, so if the Tech / Service folks that I spok to last night put a little more effort to help like the Tech "John" who assisted me this morning, things would have been smoother. 

- I am still having problems getting it up and running, though Verizon was effcient enought to label the cables so I know which to screw in and which to screw out.  I have 4 rooms plus my router, and only three slots for access.

The interesting things is that the cable is recessed for the two room that the Verizon tech DID NOT work on.  Does anyone know if that is an indication of Cable readiniess?  I think I am reaching here.  Non-the less, if I cannot solve tonight, I will happily pay $50 for a tech visit to fix.

Any additional help is appreciated.

Dale

0 Likes
SSGGin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Funny, didn't have this problem with Cablevision! Why are you somquick to defend Vz. You must be a Tech!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes