Can't get 5.1 surround from my new fios boxes.
xmatt0926x

Hello everyone. I recently installed my VMS 1100 media server box along with 4 client boxes. One of my client boxes is in a room with a 7.1 receiver setup, I notice that I only get 2 channel stereo output on every channel. I have checked the audio settings on the box and I am set up for surround sound. I'm also running everything through HDMI and the audio through my other devices is fine.

I never had an issue with my old fios boxes so I'm perplexed. I have seen several threads online with people having similar issues but there never seems to be a solution. A couple people have talked about using a didgital optical audio cable but I shouldn't have to do that with HDMI. 

Has anyone else had this issue, particularly with the new quantum boxes? Is there a solution that you have found? Any ideas? Thanks for any help you can provide.

0 Likes
Re: Can't get 5.1 surround from my new fios boxes.
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think there is no problem with getting 5.1 to these boxes.  Note however that not all broadcast use 5.1 surround sound.

0 Likes
jrhhunter

The problem we are citing is getting our receivers to upmix 2 channel bitstream stereo from the fios box to 5.1 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes