Can't playback some recorded shows
MichaelM3

My wife just added an eSATA for extra storage. Tuesday nite we recorded 3 shows, now only 1 will play back.  The DVR shows that they are recorded for the entire show time. I press play and it shows the info bar, then to a black screen, and then to live TV. I've gone thru the troubleshooting steps & reset the box - still doesn't work. When we called Verizon we were on hold for 15 minutes, then we were DISCONNECTED!   We have other shows we can access.  Please Help!  Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Re: Can't playback some recorded shows
Mike_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello MichaelM,

Sorry for the dropped call to our technical support hotline.  Have you checked for the amount of recorded time used to see if the entire program recorded?  Also power off both the DVR and the eSATA drive and then try playback.  If you are still having trouble then reset the DVR using the In Home Agent tool.

Thank you

0 Likes
mosby1

Was there a resolution to this issue? It sounds similiar to what I am experiencing. Since upgrading to 1.9 Build 10.95, both of our two DVRs (Model 6416) have intermittent playback issues. Approximately half of our recorded shows will not play fully. Sometimes they won't start at all (display freezes and then returns to DVR menu), but most often they play for a portion of the show, freeze up, and then return to the DVR menu. All shows display that they are recorded for the full, correct time, and we have plenty of space on the disk, over 50% available. I have tried power cycling router, DVRs, and the one STB to no avail. I even tried In Home Agent. Is there any resolution to this, or are the 6416 models fundamentally incompatible with Release 1.9?

0 Likes
hfleet550

we are having the exact same issue.  any resolutions?

0 Likes
charliewatts
Contributor - Level 2

Eactly the same issue?

Do you guys have the same wife?

0 Likes
SamTC

Has anyone obtained a solution to thi problem.   I've received a new set top box and it's still happening.   I'm starting to think about changing carriers for all my services and I have a lot.

0 Likes
maryjevans

Same problem...

0 Likes
AnnJ11
Contributor - Level 3

The same thing happened to me with two shows, while the others played normally.  It just happened for the first time last night.

0 Likes
emesss
Enthusiast - Level 3

We have this issue as well. As a workaround I dump out of the DVR, and then go back in. I use the thumbnail view (which has not to date shown a picture), select the first item PAST the freeze, and then go in reverse until the point just after the freeze.

We are also having issues of freezing when changing channels. The machine seems to hang and eventually goes to the selected channel. Are you having those issues as well?

0 Likes
doropallo
Contributor - Level 1

This has happened once to us on our 7232, we recorded Alcatraz but it wouldn't play, on any box including the 7232.  Just hung up and then backed out to the blue screen, by itself.

0 Likes