Can't view Favorites
pcnerd
Contributor - Level 3

A week or so ago, the tech swapped out the ONT & DVR because some of the channels were pixelating. The ONT is black instead of white. I can't view my Favorites on the website. I googled some of the channels & all of the local channels are in Washington, DC! Why can't I view my Favorites on the website? I did the diagnostics on the DVR under Customer Service & everything checks out OK. I changed the STB ID from "DVR" to "Living Room" & then back to "DVR". No luck. When I try to view my Favorites on the website, I see "Oops! We're unable to connect to the set top box." What's going on? Why would swapping out the ONT & DVR prevent me from seeing my Favorites? How do I correct the problem?

0 Likes
Re: Can't view Favorites
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Best to keep I different name until it is recognized.  You should be able to talk to someone at verizon (CHAT or phone) and get them to reset the DVR connection so that it starts looking for your new DVR.

0 Likes
pcnerd
Contributor - Level 3

OK. The default is "DVR". I changed it to "Living Room". That didn't help. Then I changed it back to "DVR". I still get the "OOPS" message. I googled a few of the local channels & they are all Washington, DC & Maryland channels! Why would swapping out the ONT & DVR cause the website to lose the Favorites? I hovered the mouse over a few of the channels. There used to be a popup that offered to add the selected channel to the Favorites. That is no more. Has the website changed? Would unplugging the DVR & plugging it back in reset the DVR? When I reboot the DVR, it tells me about the initial download. So a signal is getting from the ONT to the DVR, but for some weird reason, the website isn't showing my Favorites. I'm thinking about upgrading to a Quantum TV DVR. Once this problem is strightened out will I have to start all over again when I swap out the existing DVR for the Quantum DVR? Actually, I'm thinking of going the whole route & upgrading the speed & upgrading to a Quantum router & upgarding to the Quantum DVR!

I think that I changed the username & password on the router some time ago. It seems to me that I tried the default username & password on the router & wasn't able to get on the router "home page". But yesterday I was able to get on the router "home page" using the default username & password! I guess that the tech reset the router after he swapped out the ONT & DVR. 

So, I'll call tech support & hope that they can get the website to recognize my Favorites.

0 Likes
pcnerd
Contributor - Level 3

I took your advice & called Verizon tech support. The tech told me to go to the activate page & activate the DVR. Now I can see my Favorites & see what programs I've recorded. YAY!!!

I wonder why the tech didn't activate the DVR before he left?

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
pcnerd
Contributor - Level 3

This is really weird!

For some reason, I can't view Favorites & the DVR on Chrome. But I have no problem viewing the Favorites & the DVR on Firefox or Safari!!

WEIRD!

So, Chrome is no longer my default browser - Firefox is.

I don't understand why I can't view the Favorites & the DVR on Chrome.

0 Likes