Can't watch subscribed channels from website
frizfrelengfan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm a new Fios subscriber after switching from Optimum. I have all new equipment including two STB's (one is a "Fios One mini"), and the tall Verizon router. I found out today that I can't watch all the channels that I subscribe to from the website (tv.verizon.com/watch). My main computer is hard wired to the VZ router and doesn't have Wi-Fi.

For example, when I tune to News 12 (ch. 529) I get News 12 Brooklyn instead of News 12 Long Island. When I tune to News 12 Weather and Traffic (ch. 530) I get an error message: Content not available to stream out of home (I am IN my home). When I use the guide to go to NHL Network, which is part of my subscription, there is only a More Info button, no Watch Now button. All the channels are fine on my phone, tablet, and the two STBs.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Can't watch subscribed channels from website
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@frizfrelengfan wrote:

I'm a new Fios subscriber after switching from Optimum. I have all new equipment including two STB's (one is a "Fios One mini"), and the tall Verizon router. I found out today that I can't watch all the channels that I subscribe to from the website (tv.verizon.com/watch). My main computer is hard wired to the VZ router and doesn't have Wi-Fi.

For example, when I tune to News 12 (ch. 529) I get News 12 Brooklyn instead of News 12 Long Island. When I tune to News 12 Weather and Traffic (ch. 530) I get an error message: Content not available to stream out of home (I am IN my home). When I use the guide to go to NHL Network, which is part of my subscription, there is only a More Info button, no Watch Now button. All the channels are fine on my phone, tablet, and the two STBs.

Thanks.

I believe the website unfortunately has limitations compared to the apps for Android and IOS. There are some channels that the webpage can't access, for reasons I don't know. Could be somegthing to do with location access, not sure.

0 Likes