Can two phones be used in the remote DVR manager
Artorture1

I just got an Android phone, can I register it to my moble DVR account? I also have an iPhone on this account

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Can two phones be used in the remote DVR manager
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I was hoping to find an answer to this question too.  I suspect, unfortunately, that the answer is no.

My wife has an iPhone with the FiOS remote DVR app.  If I activate the same app on my iPad hers stops working.  If I re-register her iPhone my iPad's app stops working.

It seems like Verizon is only allowing one mobile device at a time to be activated, which is a bummer.  If someone has a work around I'd sure like to hear it.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I asked the same question and was told only a single mobile device as I have a blackberry and wife has an I-touch.

The other alternative is to use the web browser.  That can be any number of PCs or web enabled devices (assuming the browser supports the site)

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Yes, I left the FiOS DVR app on my wife's iPhone and I'm using Safari on my iPad to login to the TV Central website.  The problem is that even if I check "remember me" on the sign-in page the iPad doesn't remember me.

I can type in my userid and password each time I logon but it's sure easier to use the app designed for the purpose.  I'm hard pressed to understand why more than one mobile devices can't be registered to a DVR account.

Once again, Verizon moves in mysterious ways.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I'm hard pressed to understand why a mobile device/web browser can set recorded shows, delete shows on the DVR and yet other TV's in the house can watch what is recorded on the DVR but cannot delete a recording or even record a show.  When I watch a recorded show in bed (main DVR in family room) i keep my blackberry next to me so I can delete the show when I'm done watching it.  

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

@jumpin68ny wrote:

I'm hard pressed to understand why a mobile device/web browser can set recorded shows, delete shows on the DVR and yet other TV's in the house can watch what is recorded on the DVR but cannot delete a recording or even record a show.  When I watch a recorded show in bed (main DVR in family room) i keep my blackberry next to me so I can delete the show when I'm done watching it.  

And yet again....Verizon moves in mysterious ways.Smiley Sad

0 Likes