Canceling some premium channels
tommymomo

Does anyone know if it is possible to cancel some of the premium cable channels(starz,encore,tmc,etc) with out canceling them all.

I really don't need or want everything, but it looks like its an all or nothing type of thing?

0 Likes
Re: Canceling some premium channels
matcarl
Master - Level 1

It depends what you have, you need to give us more info. Do you have the movie package that you are paying extra for? If so, you can drop it. Do you have the Ultimate package which includes the channels in that package? If so, then you can't.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

just talking premium channels, nothing more...

ultimate package includes.....showtime, TMC, flix

"movie package" includes......showtime, TMC, Flix, Starz, Encore, IFC

Cinemax includes.......Cinemax (multiple channels)

HBO includes....HBO (multiple channels)

Epix includes....Epix (single channel, I dont count SD and HD as different channels)

Those are you can take them individual (each package that is) or any mixture there of.  You can select packages, not individual channels.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

If you have agreed to the Ultimate HD bundle, it comes with Showtime and Movie Channels. Stars and Encore would be $10 more. If you do not have Ultimate HD, and you have those channels it's called the Movies Package and it is all or nothing. Remember if you drop premiums Verizon bills in advance. Look at your bill and ask for the credit for the month the channels were turned off. I know it may take some doing when you call billing, but for me it was the principle.

0 Likes
tommymomo

so If I am following this , I would have to kill all my movie channels since Fios doesnt allow you to go ala carte.

that sucks.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@tommymomo wrote:

so If I am following this , I would have to kill all my movie channels since Fios doesnt allow you to go ala carte.

that sucks.

Please go here and view the channels available, and the premium packages that contain them. Go to print as pdf and look at the national lineup to view the Premium Packages. I did not see the breakdown when viewing the page showing the different plans.

http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/FiOSTV/Channels/

Like was stated the Movies Package contains the channels mentioned, and for $15, I believe at a reasonable price. Movies includes like 35 channels and breaking it down to nickles and dimes would be a management nightmare, and only drive the cost up for all subscribers. Just to ask, how do you think it should be broken up? Look at the link above and say how you would do it.. HBO, Cinemax are different packages.

0 Likes
mercedes6

Can somebody help me in dropping my HBO channel ?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus

0 Likes
meires

hi dear!!

i want to cancel premium channels,

playboy

here!

high definition dvr rental

standard stb rental!!

can you please ??

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello meires

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus

0 Likes