Cannot Access Settings or Disable Home Network Protection
rodel1

I enabled this feature and blocked my TV to test. Right afterwards, I could not get back into the settings for about 8 hours I kept trying, on a Saturday night. I checked with Verizon support and they told me it'd be fixed in 24 hours due to server maintenance. I'm in IT, so that didn't make sense to me.

I removed the app fro my iphone twice, factory reset my router, I think like 3 times. I still couldn't get into HPN or disable it. Then I installed the app on an android device I had around. I went to accounts and settings, security settings and then got the option to disable HPN. 

I got my tv unblocked for internet access. But the Parental Controls from the router is still telling me that I activated HNP, so i have to manage the controls through the App, which I'm not re-enabling until Verizon addresses the issue and the community confirms it's working.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot Access Settings or Disable Home Network Protection
wgustavus

same behavior.  saw somewhere else where they said it would take ~20min to update, but its been more than 20 and still cannot get back into Parental Controls

chatting w/ support now (likely a chat bot - not impressed)

0 Likes