Cannot Tune to Channel
eb1231
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I access the guide with subscribed channels option selected, the guide displays channel 694 TVGN HD.  However, I am unable to select that channel.  I get the error message "Enable to tune to selected channel.  Try again."  If I exit the guide and try to tune to that channel directly, it goes to a nearby station like 690 or 696 or a sometimes a random not so nearby channel like latin HBO 912.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot Tune to Channel
PJL
Master - Level 3

@eb123 wrote:

When I access the guide with subscribed channels option selected, the guide displays channel 694 TVGN HD.  However, I am unable to select that channel.  I get the error message "Enable to tune to selected channel.  Try again."  If I exit the guide and try to tune to that channel directly, it goes to a nearby station like 690 or 696 or a sometimes a random not so nearby channel like latin HBO 912.

Where are you located?  The station has not yet been deployed to all markets, although it sounds like they placed it in the guide already.  Or your STB may not have gotten the QAM mapping update that maps the channel to the guide.

I would try an STB autocorrection.  This fixed the problem for me when I experienced it when they added a new channel.

0 Likes
eb1231
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in the Buffalo NY area.  I just tried the autocorrect and it did not fix it.  Must not available yet, but in the guide.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@eb123 wrote:

I am in the Buffalo NY area.  I just tried the autocorrect and it did not fix it.  Must not available yet, but in the guide.

That's usually an indication that it won't be long before the channel goes live.  Probably look for it next week.

0 Likes