Cannot connect to new DVR thru the web or iOS
scoutdad
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently had to replace my DVR with a new one and now I can no longer access it via the web or iOS/Android apps.  Worked fine with my old box and the new one is same model (# CHS435HDC).  I've tried rebooting the STB and router multiple times and still no luck.  Read in earlier messages (~2011 timeframe) that they had to do do something on the backend to remap to my new box.  Can someone here monitoring this forum do that?  Or provide other advice to get this functionality working again?  Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot connect to new DVR thru the web or iOS
scoutdad
Enthusiast - Level 2

Confirmed tonight that the newer Actiontec MI424WR Rev I router fixed the problem I was having.  Web access to the DVR is functioning again and so is Caller ID.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not as familiar with Cisco boxes, but there may be an option to enable remote access.

If not, I would suggest you use the in app help to issue a TT for the issue.

0 Likes
scoutdad
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks!  Last night I spoke with Verizon and they said my router was too old to support remote web access thru my replaced box.  The tech wasn't clear as to why it worked fine with my old box and does not with the new box.  I suspect the firmware and/or software on the new DVR box has been updated and can no longer communicate with the router for this feature (Caller ID also no longer works).  I happen to have a newer Actiontec MI424WR Rev I router I'm going to install tonight and see if it will work.  According to the tech it should work, since it is a newer gen 3 router.  We'll see.......

0 Likes
scoutdad
Enthusiast - Level 2

Confirmed tonight that the newer Actiontec MI424WR Rev I router fixed the problem I was having.  Web access to the DVR is functioning again and so is Caller ID.  Thanks!