Cannot remove cable card from account
RickeyRay1

Hello,

I am hoping that someone can help here because I am very frustrated...

After hours of calls with Verizon they cannot seem to fix this even through escalation etc...

I had a cable card for a TV in 2005.  In 2008 we removed the cable card and my wife threw the card away.  I have been trying to get the card removed since then.  At 5$/month this is over $600.

I have been on the phone with Verizon for hours and hours  going through the whole "you must return the equipment" thing and explaining that I don't have the equipment to return.  Verizon has several times affirmed that they will remove the card from my account but after months of trying and numerous technical service ticket pulls, nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas?  I am cancelling TV in the hopes that his will clear out the account. 

Verizon execs frankly you should be disappointed with this kind of service.  I am a busy executive myself yet have spent well over 20 hours on the phone over the years to get this resolved.  It troubles me to think this is best in class service.

Rick

0 Likes
Re: Cannot remove cable card from account
jonjones1
Legend

You would think via your own words “you threw it away”

if the cablecard belonged to Verizon why would you throw it away instead of returning it? It makes no difference what price you have paid. The cablecard was not returned.

i would simply call up and find out how much Verizon wants in compensation for the destruction of their property. Pay it and go on from there.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot remove cable card from account
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi RickeyRay,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes