Changed splitter now not getting all channels on digital adapter
cagill141

I have a TV connected to Fios via digital adapter.  The adapter is connected via coax cable to a splitter.  I switched out a 2 way Antronix splitter to a Verizon MoCa 2.5 splitter and now all Fios channels are not available through the digital adapter.  All the channels were available when the adapter was connected to the Antronix splitter.  Any reason why this occurred?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Changed splitter now not getting all channels on digital adapter
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@cagill14 wrote:

I have a TV connected to Fios via digital adapter.  The adapter is connected via coax cable to a splitter.  I switched out a 2 way Antronix splitter to a Verizon MoCa 2.5 splitter and now all Fios channels are not available through the digital adapter.  All the channels were available when the adapter was connected to the Antronix splitter.  Any reason why this occurred?

Check all the connections and make sure there aren't any stray shield "hairs" in the connections. You may also have gorren a bad splitter. Is the new splitter a two way like the old or does it have more outputs? If it has more, the signal drops quite a bit for every split, and may be causing the issue.

View solution in original post

Re: Changed splitter now not getting all channels on digital adapter
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@cagill14 wrote:

Check all the connections and make sure there aren't any stray shield "hairs" in the connections. You may also have gorren a bad splitter. Is the new splitter a two way like the old or does it have more outputs? If it has more, the signal drops quite a bit for every split, and may be causing the issue.