Changed to Quantum and Now Cannot Access DVR From Laptop
BWSterling

Hello.  I have searched forums for an answer and the only one I came up with directed one to the Remote, Menu, Settings, Remote DVR Manager.  There is not such link on the Settings Menu I see.

That post was from 4 years ago as i recall.  It contained an ISP address to log into in order to set the DVR.  That address comes up as Verizon, but admin and my router password did not get me in.

Can anyone help with this?  Thanks much.

0 Likes
Re: Changed to Quantum and Now Cannot Access DVR From Laptop
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure what page you are trying, but I just located and had no problem controlling the VMS from my PC.

Remember you are talking to peers here, NOT Verizon.

I found off the my services page https://www.verizon.com/fiostv/myservices/members/fiostv.aspx

BWSterling

HI.  Yes I know the audience, thanks.  I posted it here to see if anyone else had the same issue.  Not sure what a VMS is.  What i am trying to do is schedule a show using my computer.  It worked fine before the change to Quantum and a new Verizon router.  I keep getting a message that the STB is not esponding.  I have tried everything I can find in the on-line help info.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

The VMS1100 is the Quantum TV DVR set-top box.

I've seen the issue you're describing occassionally in the past.  If I remember correctly, powering the DVR on and then connecting via that link SinCara posted fixed the problem.  Once that was done, powering the box on wasn't necessary in the future.

If you haven't already, you might try that...turn the DVR on and see if you can then connect to it via your PC.

0 Likes
BWSterling

Hi.  OK I have the DVR on and the list of shows I have recorded is on the TV screen.  I went to Manage Your DVR on the support page and still get the STB not responding message.  Thanks though for your reply.

Bill

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

You might try rebooting the DVR to see if that helps:

Menu > Customer Support > Top Support Tools > Reboot STB.

It'll take about 5 minutes to complete the reboot.

0 Likes
BWSterling

Well that didn't do it either.  I rebooted the STB and I reset the router as well.  Still no response to the laptop.  Not sure what else is left other than spending another 30 minutes on the phone with the Verizon people.  But thanks again.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Bummer.

The only other thing I can think of at the moment is do you have another device you can use to try to access your DVR?  Another PC, or maybe a tablet or smartphone with a FiOS app on it?

I can access our DVR nicely on an iPhone or iPad.  Might be worth a try if you have such a device.

If not, and if nobody else here chimes in with a suggestion that works, good luck with tech support.  If and when you find a solution, please come back and let us know what worked.

0 Likes
BWSterling

OK will do.  And yes, I tried it on my desktop as well.  Thanks again.

0 Likes