Changing DVR boxes, Saving DVR recordings?
Fantasma713

Hello

Apologies if I have missed this issue as having been previously discussed, but I'm hoping that there is an answer out there somewhere.

As a new Fios TV HD DVR user, I've certainly enjoyed using it.  However, it's been giving issues since day one regarding sound.  So, to my dismay a new box has been ordered, especially since I've been using the DVR to record a series.   Is there anyway I can save my recordings or am I doomed to lose them because of box replacement?  I'm really not keen on the record with VCR because it is an HD recording, but I do see this as an option.

Thanks,

Cristina

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Changing DVR boxes, Saving DVR recordings?
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Cristina -

This issue has indeed been asked and answered many many times.  There is no way to directly save your recordings.  The only option would be to play them and record with either a DVD recorder, a VCR, or a video/audio apture on a PC.  Sorry, no better answer.

In the future please try using the search function, it really is your friend.

0 Likes
pturner
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not being able to save recordings due to a Fios DVR malfunction is indeed a failing of FIOS. Anyone who buys a movie on FIOS is indeed screwed.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes