Channel guide AGAIN
silverado4x4
Contributor - Level 2

Since they upgraded the guide (if you want to call it that) my 2 standard stb's when viewing the channel guide it is off by two channels, say iam on channel 119 and when I press the guide it shows 117. I called the tech support and he fixed it by resetting the box and of course I lost my favorites so I got everything back to normal with the favorites and about 3 hrs later it was back to 2 channels off again. My HD box is fine no problems there.

I have read in other post that a new box was sent and they still had the same problem, iam not calling tech support again and go throught the same thing again with the hard reset on the 2 boxes. Come on Verizon fix the issues and if you cant then go back to the other channel guide. By the way my 2 std boxes are 2500-3

0 Likes
Re: Channel guide AGAIN
silverado4x4
Contributor - Level 2

Noboby has an answer for this or how to fix? It only does it when iam on my favorites setting, it works when I have it set to all channels.

0 Likes
Re: Channel guide AGAIN
Justin46
Legend

@silverado4x4 wrote:

Noboby has an answer for this or how to fix? It only does it when iam on my favorites setting, it works when I have it set to all channels.

I got rid of my 2500-s STB and replaced it with an HD box before 1.9 so I have no experience with that box with 1.9. But I have seen reports that there is an issue with the Guide sometimes being off a few channels.

However, the bigger picture is that, while 1.9 will load and "run" on the 2500-3, I suspect you will never be happy with it, it will always be slow. That is a fact, 1.9 was absolutely not designed for the old obsolete boxes like that, and I doubt that there is anything Verizon can or will do to fix it.

There is no upgraded replacement SD box available, Verizon's direction is HD. So unless you want to live with what you have, what you need to do is contact Verizon and order an HD box. Yes, it is more expensive than your existing 2500 (except I think in NY), but I believe you will be much happier. And one benefit, you will be able to watch all of the HD channels available in your package on your SD TV.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes