Channel guide
madd

i,m a new fios customer and am wondering if i,m the only one who thinks the guide is a struggle to read?

0 Likes
Re: Channel guide
Justin46
Legend

@madd wrote:

i,m a new fios customer and am wondering if i,m the only one who thinks the guide is a struggle to read?

Assuming you are talking about the Guide on the STB and not the Guide on the web, well, yes and no, some like it (I do) and some don't. Depending on where you are, you may already have the latest Guide if you have the 1.9 level of the IMG software, and for the rest of the country with 1.8, well, it will change with 1.9 when we all get it.

So, where are you located (and you can put the location in your profile here on the Forums so it will show automatically)? And you can easily tell if you have 1.8 or 1.9 by

Menu ==> Settings ==> System Information ==> will display the level you have

Now if you are referring to the Guide on the web, Verizon has changed that several times over the last few years. I am not aware of any planned changes, but then again Verizon seems to want to surprise us at times with web changes, not always for the better Smiley Very Happy

Keller, TX 76248

doropallo
Contributor - Level 1

Coming from DirecTV and then Dish I will agree the 1.8 version of the guide seems so 1980s.  I have read that the new guide will be more to our liking, filling the screen with a better view, but without ever seeing it I cannot comment.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@doropallo wrote:

Coming from DirecTV and then Dish I will agree the 1.8 version of the guide seems so 1980s.  I have read that the new guide will be more to our liking, filling the screen with a better view, but without ever seeing it I cannot comment.

Just tune your TV to channel 131, there are lots of previews of the various functions of 1.9 there.

Keller, TX 76248