Channel unavailable ONGOING issue with only 1 TV - please help
goblue631

I have had tech support out to my place no less than six times for various issues. The last time they tightened a cable and said it would be fine - again I am having problems and it is only on one TV.

The problem:

I turn to a channel - currently Weather and History  (sometimes others)- and it shows unavailable. I reboot, bla bla and get same result. This only happens on one TV. The scifi channel currently is pixelated with poor reception. I also had a problem with a show I taped that stopped in the middle and never re-started. I call but get the same - reboot, bla bla then send a tech. They can never fix it - it seems to correct itself at some point (of course always before they send a tech).

The interesting thing is that it is only on my living room TV - not the bedroom. I am really tired of calling tech support or changing my schedule so a tech guy can come out and not find a problem. Does anybody have any ideas or thoughts? I could really use the help!

0 Likes
Re: Channel unavailable ONGOING issue with only 1 TV - please help
Jay9330
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you have intermittant issues with pixalation there could be a few possible problems. Number one being your house cableing. Even though its only doing that on one TV. The leg that the outlet is on could be getting old, crimped or bad connetor. The channel being unavailable is usually caused by the box not being activate correctly. when the box was installed it automatically tried to activate. If there is a spot of bad wiring the box will not activate correctly and in turn show some channels unavailable while other channels seem to be unaffected. Hope this helps your issue. replacing the box will not change anything unless you fix the wiring first.

Koons1
Enthusiast - Level 3

What does this mean?

"The channel being unavailable is usually caused by the box not being activate correctly. when the box was installed it automatically tried to activate."

Ok, I have this problem on two separate boxes with different channels and yes when it was installed it automatically tried to activate. Sure. It did. Everything fine for a year. Now this

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you. 

Tonya C.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

"The channel being unavailable is usually caused by the box not being activate correctly. when the box was installed it automatically tried to activate."

That is incorrect. 

If it said "not subscribed" then that would be an activation type of an issue. 

Currently unavailable is a signaling issue.  most commonly with the coax, sometimes with the splitter, and sometimes with the box itself