Receive up to $504 promo credit ($180 w/Welcome Unlimited, $360 w/ 5G Start, or $504 w/5G Do More, 5G Play More, 5G Get More or One Unlimited for iPhone plan (Welcome Unlimited and One Unlimited for iPhone plans can't be mixed w/other Unlimited plans; all lines on the account req'd on respective plans)) when you add a new smartphone line with your own 4G/5G smartphone on an eligible postpaid plan between 2/10/23 and 4/5/23. Promo credit applied over 36 months; promo credits end if eligibility requirements are no longer met.
$699.99 (128 GB only) device payment purchase or full retail purchase w/ new smartphone line on One Unlimited for iPhone (all lines on account req'd on plan), 5G Start, 5G Do More, 5G Play More or 5G Get More plan req'd. Less $699.99 promo credit applied over 36 mos.; promo credit ends if eligibility req’s are no longer met; 0% APR.
Overall how satisfied were you with the service you received?
2) Please tell us why you chose this rating or what we can do to improve our service?
1) I called and followed prompts to rectify Activation Fail (Code 8311)
2) At approx 8:40p 12/27/17 I called number again and spoke with Technician. I explained issue and current home/outlet status. He advised that I purchase a 3-way splitter. At his advice, I rushed to BestBuy to purchase.
3) Returned home with 3-way splitter and realized issue remained. At approx 9:45p 12/27/17, I called same number and spoke with Technician "Lucy."
4) I reiterated problem with Lucy. She determined a tech should be sent out. I explained that I didn't expect to pay additional money to have the new Top-Box installed for new basement TV. She stated she would document and suggest in my case file that the Tech who would service our home would waive any installation fees. She suggested that if the technician charged us that I should call Customer Service, explain my situation and request they waive the fee. I stated that I would prefer to call Customer Service before she scheduled a tech visit and confirm from them that there would be no charge. She advised against that and pursuant to her guidance, agreed to schedule tech visit for 12/28/17 between 9a-11a.
5) Today, 12/28/17 at approx. 9:40a, Tech arrived at our home. He informed my wife that he was told by dispatch that he was responding to an "internet" call. That was NOT what I conveyed to Lucy during phone call around 10p 12/27.
6) Tech upgraded Verizon OBN (?) equipment on the outside and inside of our home. He stated the cable outlet in our basement didn't work (which we thought and that's why Lucy advised a tech visit). He stated he couldn't install/fish the new line from the OBN (?) he just installed on the exterior of our home into our basement and advised that I call Customer Service.
7) At approx. 1:30p today, 12/28/17, I called Customer Service and explained, for at least the 5th time, our issue. He proceeded to inform me a Service Ticket was required for a new installation and that it would cost over $100.
😎 Upon my arrival home from work, I observed the upgraded OBN device installed by the technician. According to my wife, he asked if he could borrow an extension cord. Instead, she offered him two (2) power strips. One he appeared to have bent the ground plug, making it unworkable. The other power strip he has permanently used to connect the OBN device to a nearby outlet. Clearly, the OBN power cord is too short to reach power source.
9) I turned switch off of power cord and our cable was interrupted.
Based on this interaction, how easy were we to do business with?
What can we do to make it easier for you to do business with us?
1) At no charge to us, schedule a Tech to visit our home on an evening or weekend to install Top-box for basement TV (this should include all necessary wiring)!
2) Schedule a Tech to replace our power strip that is being occupied to power Verizon's device or reimburse us for the cost of power strip.
3) Guarantee that our current Fios rate will remain unchanged for 3-5 years OR guarantee rate for 2 years plus 1 year of insurance.
4) If Verizon isn't willing to make amends to points 1 thru 3, I will demand removal of the OBN (?) device from our home as there was no authorization to install or be powered with the assistance of one of our power strips. Additionally, I will begin the process to terminate our Fios service.
Since Verizon has asked for customer feedback and I've taken considerable time to reply (in addition to lost time requesting a new Top-Box, failed self-install, etc.) I expect someone will read this and forward to the appropriate supervisory chain to rectify and communication back with me via either of the contacts noted above.
A CURRENTLY DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER
UPDATE FROM 1-3-18
8:41pm - Called 800-Verizon (number provided by Technician who visited my home). Waited for 40 minutes until a female voice answered call. Despite multiple attempts for her to hear me, she disconnected the call. There was an apparent technical glitch.
9:23pm - I received a call from “Amy” at Verizon Technical Support. She apologized for technical issue and was very pleasant. After briefly hearing my complaint, she noted that she was with the “Wireless Division” and would be unable to directly assist me.
9:40pm - Amy graciously stayed on the line and connected me with “Rachel” with the “Internet Division.” Amy provided a brief overview of my case and asked that Rachel assist in resolving my issue.
10:00pm – Rachel provided me the number to an Irma in the Escalation Department. After expressing my continued frustration with Verizon’s poor customer service, she stated she was going to speak with her supervisor. I was placed on hold for approximately 5 minutes. Rachel returned to line, stated she had spoken with her supervisor and was going to transfer me to them. Rachel placed me on hold for the alleged transfer.
10:23pm – After listening to “hold” music for 15 minutes and hearing silence for another 5 plus minutes, (no one responded for over 20 minutes) I disconnected.
10:46pm – I attempted to call Irma and leave a voicemail. I received a message informing me that the number I dialed was not in service!!!!
11:00pm – Attempted a CHAT with same poor result!!!!
Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.
Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.