Connecting Fios One Mini to Orbi AX4200 satellite via wifi
ld110

Hello,

I recent purchased a Orbi AX4200 Router and (2) AX4200 Satellites to use with my Fios home network.  

I set up the Orbi system per the Orbi / Verizon installations; disabling the wifi on the Fios Quantum Gateway router to use the Orbi network.  All works great except for the Fios TV One mini box.  I can't get it to connect via wifi without the Gateway router.  If I enable wifi on the Gateway I can connect via wifi but this creates a conflict with other devices on the Orbi network.

Verizon tech support hasn't been any help.  

Suggestions?  Thanks.  Larry   

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Connecting Fios One Mini to Orbi AX4200 satellite via wifi
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ld1 wrote:

Hello,

I recent purchased a Orbi AX4200 Router and (2) AX4200 Satellites to use with my Fios home network.  

I set up the Orbi system per the Orbi / Verizon installations; disabling the wifi on the Fios Quantum Gateway router to use the Orbi network.  All works great except for the Fios TV One mini box.  I can't get it to connect via wifi without the Gateway router.  If I enable wifi on the Gateway I can connect via wifi but this creates a conflict with other devices on the Orbi network.

Verizon tech support hasn't been any help.  

Suggestions?  Thanks.  Larry   

Problem is the mini needs to see a hidden network provided by the Fios router. There is a way in the service menu to change it, it's in another post in this forum, I just can't remember which. You could also hardwire the mini to one of the extenders with ethernet. Actually way more reliable than wireless.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader