Constantly changing tv!, Dropping Decades
BLL4

I just read a message on my screen that you are removing decades for Start TV. Why!! I love the old shows they show especially on weekends. We pay so much and keep getting things either dropped or replaced. I just recently chatted with one of the representatives and they informed me that we are loosing Cinemax, and we were being given Stars in its place. 

0 Likes
Re: Constantly changing tv!
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon has no control over this.

Your local channel that carries Decades (it is not a cable channel but a sub-channel to a local station) is replacing it.

0 Likes
bencasey1
Enthusiast - Level 1

So, why can't Fios pick it up from another source outside of NY? The ME-TV affiliate is in Middletown, NJ.  I really like Decades and have no interest in this new channel.

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which locals they can pickup is strictly controlled, again outside of their control.  If this particular "channel" moved to one that you do get included in your locals, it may well be added in a few months.  Requires time to negotiate and setup  a different feed.

0 Likes
Penneli
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree! I'm NOT happy that we're losing Decades--love all the old programs!! I hope that Verizon will be able to pick this station up again through another source...their programming offers a nice reminder of the civility of old days during these troubling times.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Read my previous post in this thread..

0 Likes
Changing DECADES for another CBS network?
R-O-T-T-E-N
Enthusiast - Level 1

What sense does it make to change a channel which brings back programming from the distant past (DECADES) which is tremendously entertaining and HISTORIC in that  it allows young viewers to witness the roots of television, for another CBS drama channel which can be gotten ON DEMAND, or CBS.com?  One of the things I loved about FIOS was the variety available...sadly, that is becoming less and less...and it is creating a great motivation to start streaming video online! Eventually, logic dictates FIOS will no longer be necessary...the internet and smart tvs, with the propagation of programming from the likes of Amazon, HULU, NetFLIX et al, will put Verizon FIOS out of business.  Please think it through Verizon!

Cable station Decades
PegC1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I moved from MA to RI this past year. In MA, I had Xfinity/Comcast which included the cable TV station “Decades,” which was awesome! Please Verizon, pick up this station!

0 Likes
Re: Changing DECADES for another CBS network?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Again, Verizon has no control over this.

The channel provider is the one making the change, not Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Cable station Decades
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

ouple of comments:

1) Decades is a local sub channel. So if there is not a local channel in your area that carries it, Verizon won't either. It is not a national channel

2) Verizon has posted a note that a lot of the stations that carry Decades are converting to a new channel that carries old CBS programming.

0 Likes