Constantly resetting set top box.
calpoly73
Enthusiast - Level 2

One of our STBs has to be reset virtually every day because it won't access recorded programs on the Munti-Room DVR in another room.  What's up with that?

0 Likes
Re: Constantly resetting set top box.
cbwoodstock91
Contributor - Level 1

Dear TV box user, before contacting fios chat support, I suggest to check all the cabling involved to your Verizon fios connection, that is means make sure the cables are seated correctly, you can try also unplug the cables and connected again to avoid any false contact, verify the connection in your router , splitter,besides that you can turn the router on and off as well as your TV boxes and try again, if your problem persist contact fios chat tech support and request a test in your circuit, they can isolate the issue, if your problem is on , replace the TV box

have a wonderful day!

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I have to reset my Set-Top Box frequently, is this normal?
No, if you routinely have to reset your Set-Top Box more than three times a week, it is likely there is an issue with your Set-Top Box that needs to be resolved. Contact the Fiber Solutions Customer Support for further assistance.

after trying the above steps, pay heed to the following message from Verizon regarding the resetting of your set top box.  Try Live chat, they have been helpful in the past for me, and if not, then try calling verizon at 1-800 VERIZON

0 Likes
calpoly73
Enthusiast - Level 2

All connections are fine.  Does the position of the STB affect it's performance?   Because of space restrictions, the box sits on it's side and not on the bottom.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

That could make a difference as the cooling (convection and / or  fan depending on model) are intended to have the box in the "standard" orientation.  If possible, try to find a temporary location where you can place it on its feet, make sure there is sufficient space around the box for airflow (especially that the top is clear) and see if the issue goes away.

0 Likes