DEFECT: Skip failure in build 30.57
TruthAndHonesty

I have Skip forward set to 1 minute.  If there is less than 1 minute left of the show playing on DVR, the Skip jumps to 30 seconds remaining.  If there is less then 30 seconds, the Skip jumps again to 30 seconds remaining.   Repeated presses of the Skip button continually jumps to 30 seconds remaining.In both cases, the Skip should have jumped to program END and then Delete Program button.   Instead you have to push the fast forward button to get through the last 30 seconds quickly.  This DEFECT should have been caught very early in the product testing cycle ... but clearly was not.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
DEFECT: Pause/Play failure in build 30.57
TruthAndHonesty

If I'm watching something on the DVR or TV and want to explore in detail something I just saw, I would press PAUSE, then BACKWARD SLOW, then PAUSE.  The final PAUSE doesn't work.  Instead, the system goes right back into PLAY mode.  This worked fine on my older STDB that was recently replaced with the newer and buggier disaster of a product upgrade.

0 Likes
POOR ENGINEERING: build 30.57, akin to bloatware for no good reason
TruthAndHonesty

I loved my older (now broken) STDB.  All the user customizable settings were available for me to eliminate waste and vastly improve my experience.  So many missed opportunities with the new STDB.

Why is there no setting to Disable graphics, Disable 'More Like This', Disable 'More From You DVR'. 

I get that some people are happy to wait for the network to download the graphics; but most people would prefer a cleaner/faster interface.   There most definitely should be customizable user settings for (at a minimum) the things I've listed above.  For me, they server ZERO value and only serve to degrade my viewing experience.

0 Likes
DEFECT: build 30.57, LED brightness does not dim Power Button
TruthAndHonesty

The LED Brightness doesn't talk everything on the Front Display.  The Power Button remains unbearably bright.  I have found that pieces of electrical tape over large portions of the Front Display are necessary so that my eyes don't 'notice' the distraction.

Side note:  Engineers should allow a setting to NOT display the clock.  The Current Time is always available from the Guide.  Having a flashing indicator is unnecessary and distracting.

0 Likes
Re: DEFECT: build 30.57, LED brightness does not dim Power Button
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which model STB is this? The latest STBs have only two LEDs on the face.

DEFECT: build 30.57, Guide behavior is inconsistent
TruthAndHonesty

Occasionally, when I press Guide, I am must Confirm/Acknowledge my Filter before I can communicate with the Guide.  In the upper left hand corner, I am presented with the Guide/Favorite that I am currently using and must acknowledge that is what I want.  Why?  If I shutdown with Favorites-1, I should start-up with Favorites-1.  No ack should be necessary.  The bigger crime is that the behavior is random/inconsistent.  Software should be predictable and not random.  Randomly forcing a user to confirm their selection is ... insulting.  Fix the bad programming!

0 Likes
DEFECT: Information Bar is displayed, always, even when settings are for NEVER
TruthAndHonesty

I've set my Information Bar display to 0 seconds.  Yet, EVERY TIME I press, Play/Pause/Skip/Replay/Fast Forward/ Fast Backward ... the Information Bar is displayed for at least 1 second.

STOP!  Respect user preferences/settings.  Zero means Zero.  When I say NO INFORMATION BAR, my intent should be CLEAR.  All your current engineering implementation does is degrade my experience and convince me that maybe I should give Optimum/Comcast an opportunity to prove they listen to users more than you do.

0 Likes
DEFECT: build 30.57, multiple copies of a Series episode are being recorded from different channels
TruthAndHonesty

I've set my Manage Series behavior to record from 'Selected Channel'; but the same episode is being recorded from SD/HD/+ channels other than the one channel from which the Manage Series was created.  I waste so much time deleting recording episodes that are duplicate.  Where do I send a bill?

0 Likes