DIY Channel Disappeared from My Lineup
Downeast1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Prior to Nov. 1, I had the DIY Channel HD (667 in Middleton, MA) in my channel line up.  Effective Nov. 1, I dropped Starrs and Showtime and added HBO.  For some reason, the DIY Channel disappeared at the same time.  In calling Verizon, I was told I would have to subscribe to the the HD Extreme package to have DIY.  Can Verizon just pull a channel out of my line up and move it to a more expensive package?  Verizon rep I talked with was at a loss to explain the change and offered no solutions other than me upgrading my package.  Not happy.

0 Likes
Re: DIY Channel Disappeared from My Lineup
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes they can make any channel changes they want and have often moved some changes in or out of the extreme package.

Hadn't heard that DIY was moved.

0 Likes
Re: DIY Channel Disappeared from My Lineup
JPTX55

Same exact thing just happened to me. I last recorded off of DIY on February 14, 2017. A week ago I canceled only my movies - and now "DIY is not included in the Preferred Package!"  Were they maybe giving complementary Extreme channels with the movie channels?

@Downeast wrote:

Prior to Nov. 1, I had the DIY Channel HD (667 in Middleton, MA) in my channel line up.  Effective Nov. 1, I dropped Starrs and Showtime and added HBO.  For some reason, the DIY Channel disappeared at the same time.  In calling Verizon, I was told I would have to subscribe to the the HD Extreme package to have DIY.  Can Verizon just pull a channel out of my line up and move it to a more expensive package?  Verizon rep I talked with was at a loss to explain the change and offered no solutions other than me upgrading my package.  Not happy.

0 Likes