DVR Extended recording time not working
Chrisg750
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi guys,

I don't understand some of the outdated answers on this forum, so can someone please help!? It would be much appreciated. Is there anyway of extending the time on a series from DVR? The settings I've put in seem to be correct so I have no idea why I am still having the problem. I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong. I tried deleting and re-adding the series and still no luck. Any help or input?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Re: DVR Extended recording time not working
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

So when you go to modify series, you set extended time?

And then save?

Is there another show that is being recorded right after the one you want to extend the time?

If so, it can't extend the time on show 1 while trying to record show 2.

Chrisg750
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

Thanks for the response. Didn't think I'd get any.

To answer your question, there may have been on a few occassions another show set to record there after (not on the same channel), but I was lead to believe the DVR can record up to six shows at the same time? 

Either way, this is not the case on every single ocassion. This show records about 25 times per week as I have even tried to record the re-runs to test it out. The times vary and still only 1 in maybe 15 shows will record those extra 5 minutes. I really only need 1 minute but I thought maybe changing that would fix the problem. No luck as of yet. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance ! 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

So VMS has 6 tuners.

They are spread across ipcs as well recordings.

His many shows are active at once? Include active recordings and ipcs on(even if TVs aren't).

Chrisg750
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have this show record every time it’s on. I don’t record too much so I don’t understand what would make the show not record the extra 5 minutes as requested. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What show/channel are you trying?

And there is not a show immediately after it that will record?

Have you tried deleting the series and readding it?

0 Likes