DVR - External eSata Hard Drive Disappearing
MrMB1

I have been struggling with this for some time... This is getting more and more annoying... My external DVR eSata hard drive disappears from time to time. Sometimes DVR recording and playback functionality stops, sometimes only internal storage works. All can be resolved by rebooting the hard drive and rebooting the DVR. All is okay for some time, sometimes for a day, sometimes for few days, and then back to the same, hide & seek game with disappearing hard drive… Fios support knows about this issue, it is well documented and reported by others. We get promises to have this resolved with some update at some time… How long can we wait? Can we add some urgency to this?

Regards,

Tired DVR User

PS. I didn't have this issue with my external drive with another TV provider…

0 Likes
Re: DVR - External eSata Hard Drive Disappearing
nealb007

I believe that I have simular issues with FIOS DVR and an external esata hard drive.  I use to have DirecTV service and did not have so many issues as with FIOS.  In defense to FIOS, they are catching up with DirecTV, but overall I do prefer FIOS when it comes to cost savings and quality if very good.  Verizon just needs to get their technical issues resolved a bit quicker and have a better QA department to prevent issues we are seeing.

0 Likes