DVR (QIP7232-P2) Records Shows but Won't Play 1/3 of Them Back
JB1261

Looking for assistance with our DVR.

For the last few weeks, about 1 in 3 shows that have been recorded will fail to play back. When you hit Play, the screen temporarily goes black, as if the show is about to play, or the screen remains on live television and never even tries to load the recorded show. You can see the total time of the recorded show but the show simply will not play back.

Last night, when it happened, we rebooted the machine twice with no change. It has occurred under varying circumstances (time of day, program recorded, channel, different % empty space, length of show, HD and standard).

It's very annoying to have to log into a third-party service to see the show we wanted to record. I mean, we don't watch *that* much tv and it sucks to try to follow a show only to miss an episode and have no idea what's going on. 

• The type is QIP7232-P2.
  • This is a single room unit (not multi-room).
  • Yes, I am subscribed to the channels in question.
  • No, I can't record it again because it isn't airing again before the next episode airs. 
  • Yes, I tried to call and got looped through an endless stream of automated suggestions that did not come close to resolving the issue. Then my phone battery died.

While looking for the answer online later, VZ steered me toward the FIOS app, only to tell me that they want me to upgrade to Quantum. It looks like a lot of VZ customers suffer from this with little assistance from VZ. It's funny to me that this is happening more and more - while we continue to pay the bill - and they heavily market upgrades to other services. Does anyone have any advice on getting the DVR to play back shows with some consistency?

0 Likes
Re: DVR (QIP7232-P2) Records Shows but Won't Play 1/3 of Them Back
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi JB126,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes