DVR Web Recordings / Unsubscribed Channels
mrlewp
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not yet used the internet to set up a DVR recording.  I had done a filtered search for movies, and only then noticed the many that are on channels I am not subscribed to.  I trust that I would be alerted of this during the process of setting the recording, but what about PPV shows? Will I get a fair notice of this before I am locked in and required to pay for one

0 Likes
Re: DVR Web Recordings / Unsubscribed Channels
vz_ric
Contributor - Level 1

Before anyone is able to make any purchases with the remote, you are prompted to confirm your intent to buy multiple times before anything plays. That goes with both subscription channels and PPV. If for any reason you get past those prompts and content is displaying, PPVs have a grace period of a few minutes where you can just stop the movie and no charges will be applied. If you accidentally subscribe to a channel, then call customer service. They'll see when the purchase was made and remove the channel and any charges from the account.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Also, if you prefer belt and suspenders you can set up a PURCHASE PIN on each STB which would require you to enter the PIN before a purchase could be completed (also requires setting a PARENTAL PIN which you can do but not set a content level so as to not interfere with your normal usage).

0 Likes
mrlewp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank You. Had a hunch it would be ok, but needed that little extra assurance. That "belt and suspenders" thing......? like that , ha.                                 

But dont think I'll need it.

If it would keep me away from the roasted peanuts , and root beer floats-- late

in the evenings , and failing to choose just one or the other !! ....... yeah, I might consider.  Man Surprised

0 Likes
vz_ric
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah, that's a good back up as well. Most of those options were put in place to prevent people being charged because the kids, or old uncle Joe button mash you into a thousand dollar bill. It's a common situation and billing is pretty good about it. Have a good one.

0 Likes