DVR - how you sort the recorded shows
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

Can you change how you sort the recorded shows in series?

I dont like how it is.  I always have to scroll down to bottom every single time.  PLease put shows in order of top-recorded longest time ago to bottom - recorded most recently.   Then i dont have to keep scrolling down to the bottom.  It is a nuisance.  Put the most recently recorded stuff down at the bottom of the list.

Also, when i delete shows , i want to see how it impacts the % space left, but i have to keep going left to see that on the screen again.  Keep the % storage up on the screen when we are looking at the recorded shows section. That would be a plus. Shouldnt have to bounce back and forth to see the effect of deleting a show on the % space left. Thanks.

Re: DVR - how you sort the recorded shows
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

How many sort options hsould be available?

By alphabet (a-z z-a) by date (earliest vs latest first)?

You can page down fairly quickly using channel down to help save steps.

0 Likes
gcville
Contributor - Level 3
Only need one sort. They are all episodes from same Show. Should be in order of oldest first. Every time , i need to scroll to bottom. Dont want to do that. They should be in order of how you watch them, not in order of most recently recorded. No reason to do a alpha sort. Only sort should be by episode. Best is oldest episode to most recent.
0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can scroll down to the end by using the page down (CH -) button.

Jumps down 9 episodes at a time.

So unless you have a lot one or two clicks at most gets you there.

BTW, the list of shows is also done with newest on top.

You are the first one I have seen to ask for it to be oldest first.

0 Likes
gcville
Contributor - Level 3
Yeah, I actually want to watch shows from a series in order..go figure. It's wild isnt it. Doubt there is anyone else out there that watches stuff in order. Just me. I guess I will use the rapid scroll to save time. Thx.
0 Likes
Skunkygal

I think I understand what the OP wants - if I am correct, I would also prefer a change in how episodes are listed.  My 80 year-old mother and I watch the same show series, but watch them at different times (in the same household).  I set series recordings, and many times the episodes accumulate before they are watched.  For some reason, my mother cannot understand that the first show she should watch (in order for her to see the series episodes in their intended order) is at the BOTTOM of the list, not the top.  I'm not sure why this is too hard for her to understand, but she often asks me what is going on in the series, not knowing she has missed several intervening episodes, or that I may not have gotten there yet. 

It does make more sense (to me) that the older episodes of a show series should be the first available on the list.  It would even be helpful to have older recordings first on the list.  One of the "silver contributors" on these posts seems to take issue with several posters who are upgrading their DVRs (or have already done so) who want to keep their recorded shows through the transition.  I completely understand their position - that is one reason we have not upgraded ours.  We have recorded shows that often pile up, but we also have a tendency to forget the older shows we recorded because we don't see them on the list all the time, as they are at the bottom.  I don't think the posters who want to keep their recordings want to keep them forever, only long enough to be able to actually watch them.  At least it might make customers watch their recorded shows, instead of keeping them "forever".

0 Likes
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks.  See, I am not the only one.  Makes sense to watch things in order, but FIOS organizes them backwards for some reason.  Not logical, but i will use the channel button i guess to jump down to bottom.   Anyway, thanks for the comment. I knew there were others that watch things in order out there.

They also need to keep the % storage up there.  It is a PIA to have to jump back left to view that after deleting a show , when you want to see how much storage you gained.  FIOS , keep that up on the screen when we are in the section of recorded shows. 

0 Likes
cms81191
Didn't see anything that made any sense here. I'm recording Episodes- the episodes are recorded randomly. I don't want to watch them randomly- I want to watch them in order. BUT I have to go into the DVR and pick SE1 EP1 then I have to go back in and scroll through everything to find SE1 EP2, SE1 EP3, etc. Is there a way to sort them by SE and EP????? So they sort in order????? AND what about continues play- so when one episode is over it goes into the next episode. Why do I have to Go back into DVR after every show to play the next show,( after I search through the whole list to find the next show)? Might be time to update the software a bit.
0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes