DVR making beeping sound
ssetta
Contributor - Level 1

I've had this problem for quite awhile. But I think something inside my DVR makes this "beep" sound infrequently, like you would hear from a wristwatch or a small timer. It's not coming from the TV, it's coming from the DVR unit itself. Over where the DVR is placed is a Nintendo Wii, and a Samsung DVD/VHS player. But this beep recently started happening, and I'm not sure where the beep is coming from, nor am I able to locate what is making the beep. Right now, I somehow think it's the DVR, but I'm not positive. I've had the Wii and the DVD player for awhile now, so that's why I think it's the DVR. Has anyone else had this problem?

0 Likes
Re: DVR making beeping sound
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Well...... theres not supposed to be a speaker in the dvr so there shouldnt be anything in it to make a beeping noise. But stranger things have happened. It could be a squeek from the cooling fan or from the hard drive spooling up. Those would be my guesses if it is the DVR doing it. Get yourself a can of compressed air (can get this at any computer store for blowing out keyboards). Unplug the dvr so there is no power and blow out the exhaust fan and the cooling vents on top. Make sure that its not clogged with dust or pet fur. If it is really dusty or clogged, see how it does afterwards. If it is not dusty maybe someone else will have an idea.

0 Likes
Re: DVR making beeping sound
JOEKOZ

MY SHOWSTOPPER does this .hard drive overheated .didnt follow replaytv FAQ when installing new drive .so remove metal plate&foam on top of hard drive.zip tie in place.add cooling fan,not too small of a fan either.mine was too small.got caked up w/dust.beeping HDD ALSO causes glitches during recording ie skipping during recording.you could try tapping on side of drive with plastic screwdriver.see AVforums THREADS.

0 Likes