DVR only records low definition version of one program
pauliep33
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi

There is a TV show that I'm trying to catch up on old episodes so I set it up in Series Manager with the following settings:

Episodes=First run and repeats, Content Type=All, Channel=All Channels, Air Time=Any Time, Duplicates=No. The show is on PBS so it airs on 4 different channels, but old episodes are shown only on a local commercial station. The problem is that on the one channel that shows old episodes, it only records the SD version of the channel and doesn't record the HD channel. I don't have this problem with the PBS stations as it records both versions, multiple times for each channel (doesn't look like setting "Duplicates" to "no" works at all).

I've tried deleting the series manager for this show and then set it up again directly by navigating to the show on the HD channel in the guide, but the result is still the same. The only work around I've found is to manually set up the recording each week, but that defeats the purpose of the series manager.

Any ideas?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DVR only records low definition version of one program
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Change the recording type to HD.  Also check the menu/Settings/DVR/Default Series options.  Your options are HD, SD, 3d or all.

View solution in original post

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Change the recording type to HD.  Also check the menu/Settings/DVR/Default Series options.  Your options are HD, SD, 3d or all.

pauliep33
Enthusiast - Level 2

That fixed the problem, thanks! The only downside is that now it won't record the show on SD only channels but I can live with that.

0 Likes