DVR recording completely different show
cari_anne99

I set my DVR to record a series, and the title of that series shows up in the listing, however when I press play, a completely different show was recorded. I looked in the guide and that show wasn't even on anywhere near the time frame of the show I DID want recorded....??? I am at a complete loss. I had no other shows set to record for that day.

0 Likes
Re: DVR recording completely different show
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

It means that the show that was supposed to be on was not broadcast by the channel. It happens. One show is scheduled but has a problem so they put another show in its place without updating the infomation. Usually this is a last minute change.

I had one two nights ago on DTV. I wanted to record Mythbusters and the guide said that is what was on, but what was showing was Sons of Guns instead. It doesnt happen often but it does happen.

0 Likes
cari_anne99

This is not true, as I was watching the show as it was airing.

It's done this for every episode in the series.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

When you play back the recording, and hit info - does it show the correct name, channel and time?

0 Likes
cari_anne99

Currently not at home and cannot check.

I set the DVR to record a very popular weekly series that airs every thursday night at a certain time. I go to playback the recording, and the listing says the name of the show, but the actual show that plays back is not even a show that's on any time near the show I was trying to record. Completely different show, completely different day, completely different time.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

If it does show the correct name, channel and time, then Spacedebris description sounds like what happened.  Consider it a fluke, it shouldn't happen very often if at all, but sometimes the station will make a change for whatever technical reason and then feed Verizon a different show, and without enough time for the channel guide to get updated.    that's what it sounds like to me, and it's happened to me too.  its very frustrating.  doesn't happen too often, but it happens.     I've set a popular sports program to record, and then come to watch the recording, it showed the right name, date time etc, but I got women's basketball instead...  not that I have anything against women's basketball, but it wasn't what I scheduled to record.   the entire time they were dribbling, my show's name and info were showing on the info bar.   made me want to pull my hair out.  

0 Likes
thelancejr1
Enthusiast - Level 3

The company FIOS contracted with is horrible. They get movie descriptions wrong, they dont update data fast when networks change programming, they mistype things therefore cant be found in guide searches, marking new as repeat and vice versa etc. The company is http://www.fyitelevision.com and they are very small company out of Texas.I had a friend go b their offices, and well not good. But regardless.  I've contacted them and they basically told me tough and talk to FIOS they are the ones paying the bill not me.

If you look at their website I think I have better technlogy on my cell phone. Look at those pictures of tv shows...all from the 90's!

0 Likes