DVR - start and stop times
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

I don't like how this DVR works with editing start and end times.  I want to start a show later and end it earlier so that it doesnt conflict with another show.  my DVR can only record 2 shows and when it is more than 2, i lose the third. So i go to end one earlier so that it doesnt bleed over and ruin the next 2, but for some reason you only do an extend or a start earlier. Why?  Set it up to start later and end earlier. We need all the options, not just some, right? we dont want to lose the shows we enjoy, right?  Please provide these options..delay start and abbreviate.  Some shows run 1 hour and 1  minute etc.  Please think about these things when designing functionality. Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DVR - start and stop times
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is user supported forum.

You can use the custom recording feature to do what you wish.

But I don't believe you can make it a recurring recording.

Depending ont he channel being record (broadcast vs cable), you might look to see if they have one of the shows on at a later time and schedule it then.

I assume you have an older DVR (not VMS based).

If so, not very likely they would make a sw update.

The VMS has 6 tuners (which is pretty standard amongst providers).

Might want to consider an upgrade (may or may not involve a cost increase or one time fee)

View solution in original post

Re: DVR - start and stop times
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is user supported forum.

You can use the custom recording feature to do what you wish.

But I don't believe you can make it a recurring recording.

Depending ont he channel being record (broadcast vs cable), you might look to see if they have one of the shows on at a later time and schedule it then.

I assume you have an older DVR (not VMS based).

If so, not very likely they would make a sw update.

The VMS has 6 tuners (which is pretty standard amongst providers).

Might want to consider an upgrade (may or may not involve a cost increase or one time fee)