DVR turns TV on automatically
mrg_1999

I have two TV's connected to the same DVR:  a Panasonic plasma connected via HDMI cable and a Samsung in another room connected via component video cables.

My problem is that sometimes when I switch on the DVR to watch the Samsung TV it turns on the Plasma as well. This causes the Samsung to flash a component video icon and drop the audio for a second or two - this happens every 30 seconds or so - I have to turn off the Plasma to get it to stop.

I have gone through the menu on the plasma and deselected anything that would cause the DVR to turn it on, yet the problem persists.

Is there anything in the DVR menu that would prevent it from automatically turning on a device hooked up by HDMI cable?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: DVR turns TV on automatically
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Theres nothing in the DVR settings that could automatically turn the TV on. Either one of two things are happening

1) The verizon remote has master power turned on.

That means when the Verizon remote is in STB mode and if you press power, the remote sends out 2 power command. One to the TV and one to the DVR. To turn that off follow one of the two following steps: 

a) If your remote has 2 buttons across the top,  Hold the OK and the number 2 button at same time.

Release.  When red light stays on, punch in 9-7-7. Then press OK

b) If your remote has 4 buttons across the top, Hold the STB and the POWER button. Release. Buttons

at top will  all flash Punch in 9-7-7. STB light will blink. Press STB. It will blink again. Then press ok

2) Your TV has an autolink setting turned on

That means the TV is constantly doing port scanning. When it detects another device turned on and/or sending a signal, it  will trigger the TV to turn on and switch inputs. For information how to disable that you will need to contact the TV manufacturer.

We can help in scenario 1, but not in 2. If you need further assistance with the remote, please send me a private message.

0 Likes