Daylight Saving Time??? Box displaying wrong time
Darkphoenix

My TV box is not displaying the wrong time. We moved an hour ahead and the time hasn't corrected itself. Am I supposed to do something manually?

I should add that I tried unplugging the box and plugging it back in to see if it would reset.

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
Re: Daylight Saving Time??? Box displaying wrong time
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

I believe that comes from Verizon, so if it's not updated you should probably contact Tech Support.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

You could try rebooting th box as this will force it to contact the network which should update the time.  It should have happened automatically.

Reboot either from the menu or by pulling the power for 15 seconds (both have the same effect).

0 Likes
bobp67
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried unplugging my set top boxes several times and it didn't seem to work, just before calling customer service I found a menu item that did the trick. With the box and TV on, go to:

Menu > Customer Support > In-Home Agent > Set Top Box Auto Correction

It will reboot the STB and will run through the settings, apparently the clock being one of them. When it powered back up after this utility the clock was set correctly.

Hubrisnxs
Legend

I would try the STB Auto correct feature

menu > customer support > in home agent > stb auto correct   

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

ha,  don't know why I didn't see the last post until after I hit reply.  sorry.    looks like I was repeating the previous poster. 

0 Likes
GeoffreyR7218

Thank you so much for this! After being on hold for 20 minutes, I was surfing the internet and came here to the Verizon site and there was your response and it TOTALLY did the trick. This is how to do it, everyone. Thank you!

0 Likes
booksmatter

Thank you! That worked!  And it didn't disturb other functions like recorded shows or favorites.

0 Likes
mum4ever

I tried re-setting my set top boxes and the time still is 30 mins slow. I also have FIOS digital voice and this wrong time affects it too. I use the "wake-up" call feature for work days and it woke me up 30 mins late yesterday! Woman Frustrated

How do i fix this problem without having to call Tech Support?

0 Likes
Mjenkins2
I don't see a Set Top Box auto correct option in home agent do I need to do something to get that option?
0 Likes