Dear FIOS...
chancesR
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am disappointed with your lack of interest in addressing your customers' concerns, especially with the myriad of problems that plague VOD. I've been a longtime customer and always spoke very highly of you.  Now, not so much. You see, FIOS TV is threatening to break us up. The VOD problems are really just the tip of the iceberg. There are other issues as well. But none of them seem to get resolved.  If you care about me, the way you say you do, and want to keep me as a customer,  you'll call, or write, maybe even make an effort to patch things up between us. Hope to hear from you soon. Sincerely, chancesR

0 Likes
Picture-in-Picture - Why won't Verizon provide it to their customers???????
zaphod2000
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been trying for almost two years to understand (since we switch from Comcast to Verizon) why Verizon refuses to allow their customers to have Picture-in-Picture (PIP).  We have a large screen TV for which we paid extra and we can't use PIP.  The Verizon DVRs have the double tuner (according to Motorola engineers I have spoken to) but Verizon refuses to turn the second tuner on.

I just hung up with a Verizon representative who told me that there are no plans for PIP in the near future.  WHY???

We had Comcast for almost 20 years and even with a small TV without PIP we were able to use PIP.

I was told that that Verizon's upper management is not interested in PIP.  I told the representative that twitter and facebook are really cute ideas, same goes with having whomever is calling you show up on your TV screen (as if I can't look at the phone myself), plus many other cutesy and useless things that Verizon wants to provide. 

Most people are not interested in 3D either.  The whole world does not revolve around 20 year olds!  Thank goodness except that Verizon doesn't seem to understand this.

Since we do not have a long term contract with Verizon I am contact Comcast again to see what they can give us to match Verizon.

I was told that it was my prerogative so I will use it to get rid of FIOS. 

Verizon is not listening to their customers and it infuriates me to no end.

0 Likes
Re: Picture-in-Picture - Why won't Verizon provide it to their customers???????
SpinalTap
Enthusiast - Level 3

@zaphod2000 wrote:

Verizon is not listening to their customers and it infuriates me to no end.

I feel your pain.  Whatever your desire may be (MASN2 in HD, in my case, PiP in yours), this board is chock-full of requests that should be easy enough to implement.  The one recurring theme in many posts is that users are coming to the conclusion that Verizon really doesn't care a bit for their customers.  Like you, I am about to jump ship, and go back to Cox.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

What Motorola forgot or failed to tell you is that the current STB models that Verizon purchased from them do not contain the software and are physically unable of supporting PIP. Its not a tuner thing. ALL DVR's have the second tuner enabled. (how do you think you can record two programs at the same time?). Yes Verizon could pay to have that enabled, but then they would have to have every single box sent back to the manufacturer to have it changed. No, they are focusing on the new boxes that they have on order (who knows when they will be out, they've been talking about them for over a year now). Supposidly the new Cisco boxes (if they ever come out) will have PIP capibility. But as a feature, only a small minority, seem to be asking for it. They have bigger things that they are working and focusing on.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Think of it this way. If you have two tuners with PIP and you have a recording scheduled what would happen? If there was a quad tuner DVR it would be the beast. But PIP on the DVR seems like asking for trouble. JIMO

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Also keep in mind that Comcast used to be able to provide PIP because they had a good number of their channels that they carried in analog or clear QAM.  Verizon carries very few clear QAM (and those don't come thru to the set unless you split the single before the STB and run the coax into the QAM input on the TV.   So, you might be talking two different things here.   My folks have Comcast because they can't get FiOS in their area yet and there's no PIP for them either since the Comcast network went all digital in their area.

0 Likes