Design Question re OnQ 3X8 video Module
ITNerd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yo folks, doing a remodel on my home office config.  I have a central OnQ enclusure with a simple 1X4 passive splitter for my Fios HDDVR, 2 analog tv's and 1 fios router (moca).   I plan to integrate a video security system (geovision) and a backup antennea.  So, many scribbled diesign drawings later I came up with a design that utilizes the OnQ 3X8 video module that will drive all my stb's (1 HDDVR, 1HD, 2 analog) and (here's the issue) the backup antanea and the PC TV out (composite video).  I'm hoping this config will allow feed (thru fios stb's) of the modulated security signal and the backup antennae signal?  Or must I run the composite video to tv's separately (Bypassing fios stb's?)  These video switches are pricy (approx $220) and wanted some expert guidance before purchasing.  Switch specs:

http://www.dalco.com/PDFs/72038_spec.pdf

Think I need the power boost for more then 4 drops, and want to see security camera's on tv's with modulated input, and want backup antanea feed.

Make sense?  Cheper way?

0 Likes
Re: Design Question re OnQ 3X8 video Module
ITNerd
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, Think I found answer, found this design for a digital cable STB Bypass;  http://www.dalco.com/PDFs/72048_manual.pdf  It reflects having to bypass the STB to use a modulator for a security system feed.  I am guessing that  this means the same for FIOS STB's.  Guess that makes sense from a channel spectrum standpoint.  So my plan/design will now use the 2X6 enhanced video module to integrate hd antannae and security feed into a single (separate) composite video feed to my tv's, and renting the one HDDVR and one HDSTB for my 2 primary HDTV's.  So for my secondary (smaller) hdtv's can receive "over the air" HD signals and display "what kind of resolution"?  1080i?  720P?  or am I stuck with 480 due to composite video input signal???  This equates to a 16:9 widescreen HD signal at 480 or 720 resolution??  I guess i'm asking what qulaity can I get with a over the air antanea input...

Thank You for listening......  

0 Likes