Disabled Ffwd on FXNetwork, Can't resume after stopping
lrsachs
Enthusiast - Level 3
Twice, TWICE, I had to pause or stop while watching The Americans on demand and, even though the menu options is present to "resume where stopped" I am unable to pick it up where I left off. The first time I paused, it was only about 15 minutes in. So I just started over & let it play through. The second time, it was almost to the end and I had to check something on another channel and the whole thing went bust. If the menu options "resume" is still there, then why can't I resume? The system should be remembering that. And, from what I'm seeing here, no, I wasn't paused for more than 5 minutes. And I certainly wasn't stopped for even a minute.
Re: Disabled Ffwd on FXNetwork, Can't resume after stopping
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@coolpillows wrote:
Twice, TWICE, I had to pause or stop while watching The Americans on demand and, even though the menu options is present to "resume where stopped" I am unable to pick it up where I left off. The first time I paused, it was only about 15 minutes in. So I just started over & let it play through. The second time, it was almost to the end and I had to check something on another channel and the whole thing went bust. If the menu options "resume" is still there, then why can't I resume? The system should be remembering that. And, from what I'm seeing here, no, I wasn't paused for more than 5 minutes. And I certainly wasn't stopped for even a minute.

Hello,

To locate the TV show you were watching from On Demand and resume from where you left off within a 48-hour period,

from the FiOS TV Remote go to: 

On Demand -- My Library -- My Rentals -- select your TV show -- click OK -- Resume Play (or Restart)

(The above steps also work for movie rentals).

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
joecon

Doesn't work for me OR hundreds of others!!!

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@22Becca22 wrote:

Hello,

To locate the TV show you were watching from On Demand and resume from where you left off within a 48-hour period,

from the FiOS TV Remote go to: 

On Demand -- My Library -- My Rentals -- select your TV show -- click OK -- Resume Play (or Restart)

(The above steps also work for movie rentals).

Hope this helps!

Becca, you might want to check the other threads on this and a number of other forums.  There are many threads that deal with this issue (for example see this thread) and your answer is unfortunately not accurate.  What you posted may be how it is supposed to work, but it isn't what is happening.  The resume on stop is a known issue that is impacting many, many people.