Cable box: Verizon Fios Motorola HD DVR QIP 7216
Remote: Pronto TSU3000
I am trying to learn the ir command but I am running into a snag.
The remote in question has four buttons across the top: DVD, AUX, TV, STB. In order to use the cable buttons I have to have the STB button selected.
So when I go to program the buttons, they are picking up the same hex code for all the buttons:
0000 006b 0000 0002 015d 0057 0013 0047
They are not picking up discrete ir's. I know there isn't one for the on/off. But the other buttons are picking up the same ir.
What am I doing wrong and what do I need to do so I can get my remote to work?
One other thing. When I am able to get what I think are discrete codes they do not work. Very frustrating.
First of all, does the Verizon remote operate the DVR correctly? If not, it may have lost it's program or become defective in some way.
As for the Pronto learning:
Does the "Learning indiction" appear in the upper right corner of the screen after pressing the Learn and Learn Button icons and then the button you want to program?
Now, you are pressing the button on the Pronto first and the button on the Verizon remote after that, right? And holding the Verizon button down for at least a few seconds?
So, this is what I would expect the sequence to be: (Sorry if you already know all this)
1. Press the STB button on the Verizon remote.
On the Pronto,
2. Press and hold the Pronto NG icon for as few seconds until the Tool menu appears
3. Press the Learn icon
4. Press the Learn button icon
5. Select the device and page to be programmed
6. Put the two remotes head-to-head (pointing at each other)
7. Press the button on the Pronto you want to program
8. Quickly (within 5 seconds), press the button on the Verizon remote you want, for 1 second.
9. Watch for an "OK" display, meaning it was successful
10. Repeat steps 7-9 for each set of buttons to be learned.
Note: you must press a new button on the Pronto each time and you must press a new button on the Verizon each time.
11. When you are done, press the Done button
If in any case you do not have the manual, it is available on the web.