Re: Distorted Audio
MEE59

Has there ever been a fix for this. I am having same issue. One TV in house experiencing slow audio from all FiOS one boxes. All other TVs are fine. Upgraded to FiOS one several months ago worked fine for months … trouble started out of the blue 

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

My thoughts,

Try power cycling the STB connected to the troubled TV.

Then, if it hasn't been already done, try switching the STB connected to the suspect TV with an STB currently connected to a known good TV.

If the problem stays with the TV, then the TV's settings would need to be checked. If everything squares, then replace the TV.

If the problem follows the STB, then the settings would need to be checked. If everything looks good, replace the STB.

JAP6

Worked for me!  Thanks 

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just curious...was it the TV or STB that ended up being the cause of the trouble 🤔 

0 Likes
Kobe710

Having same issue - how did you fix it?

0 Likes
Kobe710

Having same issue with the audio when first turning on TV - only happens with the main TV. If I change channels it rectifies itself. The tech had me disconnect the HDMI & the power the reconnect & it fixed the problem at that moment. But it's back to being out of sync. Id so many rae having this issue Iwould think Verizon would have developed a fix by now.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Kobe710 wrote:

Having same issue with the audio when first turning on TV - only happens with the main TV. If I change channels it rectifies itself. The tech had me disconnect the HDMI & the power the reconnect & it fixed the problem at that moment. But it's back to being out of sync. Id so many rae having this issue Iwould think Verizon would have developed a fix by now.

As was posted earlier, did you try disabling lip-sync in your TVs audio menu? If that doesn't work try setting lip-sync to a fixed number like 150 in the service menu for the Fios box. Power off at box. Quickly press OK 2x on remote. Left arrow on circle on remote to leave status page. Go to User settings, Additional HDMI settings, set lip sync to manual, set value to 150, or turn lip sync off completely. Hit Menu on remote, reboot box and see if it's better. If you tried 150 for the value and audio is behind video lower the value. If audio is ahead of video add more delay.