Do Something About the Excessively LOUD Local Commercials on the HD Stations
CPEIII

Most of the local commercials are so loud I can't stand to be in the room with them.  I have to hold on to my remote and manually mute all the commercials, especially if anyone in the whole whose is trying to sleep.  We pay good money for your service and I am ready to complain to FCC and switch back to DISH because they somehow manage to pull this off.  You can do this.  We will never patronize any of the advertisers because these commercials just make us angry.

0 Likes
Re: Do Something About the Excessively LOUD Local Commercials on the HD Stations
tns
Master - Level 2

Hopefully relief is on the way.  The FCC rule about such things kicks in near the end of the year.  Note that most of the loud commercials are not originating with Verizon.  But all will have to comply.

0 Likes
Re: Do Something About the Excessively LOUD Local Commercials on the HD Stations
Hubrisnxs
Legend

FCC C.A.L.M. act

Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation

It will get better soon, but the FCC and the gov are slow to put out mandates and enforcement.   I think this act was passed late last year like december.   you know how fast the Gov works.  

0 Likes
blueribb
Contributor - Level 1

I posted this exact issue on another forum back in Sept 2009. Later that year (Dec 2009) Congress addressed this issue and there was an article in my local newspaper. Here's a link to the thread I posted:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/arcmessageview.php?catid=28&threadid=954339

0 Likes
blueribb
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes