Doctor Who show not recording the full length and other recording issues
limey

I setup Doctor Who to record on 12/19 and only did the first 60 mins of the 90 mins.  I found it repeated on 12/26 and I set it up a again to record and again it setup only for 60 mins so I extended it 15 mins to cover the show.

What is the issue and is this the guide?  I have had other guide issues where I have to set it to record first run and repeats to get first run shows to show in the schedule of recorded shows.  Recently it had Men of a Certain Age in my scheduled shows to record and it did not record it.

0 Likes
Re: Doctor Who show not recording the full length and other recording issues
rozziland
Enthusiast - Level 2

We had the same exact thing happen to that Doctor Who recording as well.  We also ended up recording the showing on 12/26 and extended it 15m. I don't know if I would say it was a guide problem, but it could have also been the channel as well.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

It was a problem with the way the show showed up in the guide. The guide showed it as an hr long program and not the 1hr 15min that it actually was. Therefore the box only recorded the 1 hour. I had the same problem on another service (remain nameless here but it was one of the satelite companies). Both my verizon and my other co dvr (two houses) recorded the same thing. Problem was the guide listed it like a normal episode and not the special episode that it was.

0 Likes
LizJ
Enthusiast - Level 3

I noticed that BBC America is now available On Demand and has Doctor Who The End of Time Parts One and Two available.

0 Likes