Drop sound with HDMI connection
alden
Contributor - Level 1

I have periodical sound drop on my Samsung Plazma TV. I have HDMI connection with DVR and I know thta this sound drop is based on faulty HDMI software issues and it has nothing to do with HDMI cable itself. I usually fix sound problem by unplugging my DVR from the the power, then power  DVR back and problem is fixed for a while. Then,  after a week or two problem reaapear, usually when I switch the channels. My question is: will new IMG 1.9 software fix HDMI sound problem, or as many others, I will not have a  choice, but swithch to componenet cables instead?

AD

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Drop sound with HDMI connection
alden
Contributor - Level 1

Great!!! This works, I hope I will no longer experience sound drop.

Thanks guys

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Users around here have taken advantage of lasagna's suggestion of going into the advanced menu and setting the audio for pass thru to resolve that issue. Give it a shot. Front panel of the stb. Hit power then select then menu (1sec intervals) then navigate to the additional hdmi settings. Navigate to audio and change it from auto to pass thru and that should resolve your issue. The new 1.9 doesn't do much with hdmi as far as the release notes suggest.

0 Likes
alden
Contributor - Level 1

Sorry, I did not reply right away as I was out for a while. Honestly I don't know how to apply your advise as my DVR 7232 has only 2 buttons in front panel- "Power button" and "OK" with 4 arrows. So there is no Menu button, no Select button to get to additional HDMI menu. As far as I understand from your advise I have to use buttons on the front panel, not  in the remote. I tried buttons in the front panel like OK with arrows - no luck so far...

Can you help how to get  to additional setting on Q7232 DVR,

Thanks

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

BOOK WRONG!

http://www22.verizon.com/NROneRetail/NR/rdonlyres/E2F4160A-9111-476F-9E96-600D6717EC36/0/Motorola_72...

Look here on page 30. The instructions tell you to press the Menu on the front. The OK acts as a select button and takes you to the diagnostics menu.

THIS WORKS

The Setting is under the HDMI menu for audio.

Press power off on the box with right hand.

ok on remote with left hand then menu menu.

Hope this helps.

Fixed typo, but beat ya by almost 10 minutes.Smiley Very Happy

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I didn't realize you had that model for whatever reason. 

You're going to have a two hand operation.  meaning you use one hand to power it off and then the other hand will press buttons on the remote. 

remember, the set top has to be turned on when you do this.

You have to do these buttons about 1 sec apart from one another. So boom (1sec) boom2 (1sec) boom3

Power it off with one hand using the front display of the box. Then with the other hand use the remote and hit ok once and then menu. When you do it succesfully you will see a white user setting menu. Don't get discouraged it can take some people upto 6 or 7 times if they don't have the rythm right.

Once your in there, you will see additional hdmi settings.
Go there then choose audio. And from there you can choose l-pcm or pass through or audio

alden
Contributor - Level 1

Great!!! This works, I hope I will no longer experience sound drop.

Thanks guys

0 Likes
smiter

I have been having sound drop ever since we brought home a dynex big screen. It seemed to happen the most when going from normal channels to hi def channels. Watching discovery channels we recorded would also make the sound stop working.  I tried the above fix and believe it has solved my problem. I use the hdmi hookup.

0 Likes
Dtufts

I have been trying this sequence over and over on my Cisco stb with no white screen.  Is this really a thing??

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes