EAS Alerts - Annoying
jopell
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was watching TV last night at about 1AM and the EAS Alert came on for about one minute. At about 1:15AM the alert came on again. Then at 1:30AM it came on again. At around 1:45 again. And again at approx. 2AM. **bleep**????? The program that I was watching was interrupted so many times, I need to watch it again. Why am I paying for these interruptions anyway. I understand that once a week the system needs to be tested but why 5 times in one hour? Please stop this unnecessary testing.

0 Likes
Re: EAS Alerts - Annoying
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nothing Verizon can do about it.  These are not under their control but instead under the control of various local, state and federal authorities.

jopell
Enthusiast - Level 2

I used to have Comcast and there was nothing like the amount of intrusions that Verizon has.

I don't think you researched it very hard, I think you're just blowing smoke at me. 

Verizon could and should stop the unnecessary disruptions immediately.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@jopell wrote:

I used to have Comcast and there was nothing like the amount of intrusions that Verizon has.

I don't think you researched it very hard, I think you're just blowing smoke at me. 

Verizon could and should stop the unnecessary disruptions immediately.

The poster is not "blowing smoke" at you.  Do your research -- this is all dictated by the FCC, and Verizon does not control when EAS tests are conducted.  This is common knowledge and show up with a simple web search.

Verizon (in general) covers larger geographic areas from the VHO distribution points than do other cable providers and therefore more governmental agencies have the ability to insert EAS tests into a given area so there are just more EAS tests.  This is why there may be more than what you say you experience with Comcast.

0 Likes