EF 01 ERROR - RESULTS IN TV BLINKING ON/OFF CONTINUOUSLY
BarbaraPA

Have seen other earlier - 2013 posts - on this problem, but not exactly same as problem I have. TV intermittently blinks to black, then back to program every few seconds.  Cannot watch or fix this except by shutting off TV/Set-top box, then wait 20 mins+/-, turn everything back on, and TV works fine.  Have received new set top box and HDMI cable, but problem keeps recurring every few days.  One Verizon support tech told me it might be my TV, but I'm reasonably sure it's NOT - problem is set top box.  I hate to keep having Verizon replace set-top boxes continually, but I also wonder if the boxes they send me are not working correctly.  Reading other posts, it seems that a circuit board w/in box may be problem. Anyone had this problem, and how did Verizon solve it for you?  No point in calling Verizon Support until it happens again, but pretty sure it's their box that is problem, NOT MY TV. Seems to happen w/o any apparent reason. Not remote, either, replaced remote as well. 

0 Likes
Re: EF 01 ERROR - RESULTS IN TV BLINKING ON/OFF CONTINUOUSLY
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

If Verizon has replaced the STB numerous times it is not the STB. Do you have other STBs in the house? If you do swap it with that room and see what happens.

0 Likes
Fancyface2
I have the same problem with our tv. It is more than likely NOT the STB. I am on my 4th box and this one I requested a brand new unused STB and the problem still exists. One verizon tech said it may be the cable line. Not sure about that either but we will be having it replaced next. hopefully someone out there has the same problem and can help with it.
0 Likes
Contributor - Level 1

EF01 error is displayed when the STB is having trouble reading the EDID from your TV over HDMI.  Tried replacing the HDMI cable or maybe blowing out the HDMI port with compressed air?   Or changing the port in use on the TV, or going to component?

0 Likes