ESPN Goal Line
hallrk
Contributor - Level 2

Did anyone else not get ESPN Goal LIne on Saturday? I called about it and was told there was an outage. Whatever that means? They said it shold be fixed by the middle of this week. I hope so. I was looking forward to this channel since I could not get it when I was with DirecTV. Kinda disappointing.

0 Likes
Re: ESPN Goal Line
ger193

I had this channel for the last 4 years and you took it away and tried to rent it back to me for $10. a month. It's only on for a few hours a day, once a week. I would like you to give it back to me for no charge.

0 Likes
Westfield3

I have Extreme HD, and the Verizon website clearly shows that ESPN Goal Line is included (at least in my area) in both the Extreme HDand the Utlimate HD packages.  

I called Verizon tech support last week after trying all the troubleshooting steps, and was told that the issue would need to be worked on during the week when the network technicians would be back at work.  I was promised a call when the ticket was resolved.  

Seven days later, no call, and no resolution. I called support again and the tech support tried many solutions and consulted with others, but could not get the channel activated. He verified with the paperwork on his desk and online that the channel was part of the Extreme HD package.   Finally, after several long holds, he said that a colleague had an internal email stating the channel was moved from the Extreme tier to the Ultimate tier.   If I wanted the channel, I would need to buy the monthly Sports Pass.

I checked all my emails from Verizon during the past two years, and found two notices of channels being removed, but no mention of ESPN Classic and ESPN Goal Line being removed from the Extreme HD tier.   (I found using internet searches that other subscribers had received a notice in April 2013.)

Personally, I have no interest in the other "fringe" sports channels offered in the Sports Pass.  

I assume the system has been programmed to block ESPN Goal Line for all Extreme HD users.  There is a simple solution that requires no programming or technological changes for Verizon - give any Extreme HD customer FREE access to the Sports Pass for the duration of their contractual commitment or at least through the end of this college football season.   

For Verizon, it is a "win-win" .  Customer satisfaction is maintained - and subscribers sample the Sports Pass and Verizon will probably sell more than a few of them at the end of the "trial".   Alternatively, I don't know if there is any recourse for advertising a service as "included" a full six months after it has been discontinued.  (I am sure several states attorneys general or consumer protection units would show interest and seek to impose more onerous governmental settlements while garnering favorable press for themselves) 

Verizon - if you monitor or moderate these boards - what 's your position ?

0 Likes
hallrk
Contributor - Level 2

Goal Line was on Saturday and fixed. Thanks for fixing this. I just wish I had know ahead of time that it was fixed.

0 Likes
pzimmer7778
Enthusiast - Level 3
I'm pretty sure I had gotten a message through the menu guide a few months back that Goal Line was moving to Extreme.
0 Likes
sportsfan84

I have the Ultimate Package, and went through the same whole long process, with the same outcome (except it is not available on Ultimate either).

I wish Verizon would be clear with when they make these types of changes (not even their reps could give that answer).

Also agree that at the price of Ultimate, one should not have to then pay up another $10 a month to get a channel on for 7 hours a week for about 14 weeks a year.

0 Likes
sportsfan84

I have the Ultimate Package, and went through the same whole long process, with the same outcome (except it is not available on Ultimate either).

I wish Verizon would be clear with when they make these types of changes (not even their reps could give that answer).

Also agree that at the price of Ultimate, one should not have to then pay up another $10 a month to get a channel on for 7 hours a week for about 14 weeks a year.

0 Likes
hallrk
Contributor - Level 2

I have Ultimate and I didn't have to pay $10 extra for Goal Line?

0 Likes