ESPN+
JimFinHastings
Enthusiast - Level 1

ESPN has launched a new streaming service, ESPN+. If I order this at $4.99 per month can I watch it on my TV's using Fios? If so, how do I do so? What station # is it?

0 Likes
Re: ESPN+
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

ESPN+ is a streaming app. You wouldn't watch it on FiOS. You would download the app on you Firestick, Roku, Chromecast or Apple TV. It's also available online on espn.com. 

Dennis210

I'm not internet savvy at all. I called Verizon fios told them I need to be able to get Espn+ and DAZN which are streamed I guess, they told me I need gigabit internet in package so I bought that plan, installation is Saturday. Do I have to buy more stuff in order to watch these, other than the monthly cost of dazn n espn+? Please explain to me if anyone can, id really appreciate advice I don't have computer just TV. Thanks a lot 

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Dennis2

wrote:

I'm not internet savvy at all. I called Verizon fios told them I need to be able to get Espn+ and DAZN which are streamed I guess, they told me I need gigabit internet in package so I bought that plan, installation is Saturday. Do I have to buy more stuff in order to watch these, other than the monthly cost of dazn n espn+? Please explain to me if anyone can, id really appreciate advice I don't have computer just TV. Thanks a lot 

It’s a streaming app so you would either use an Apple TV, Firestick, Roku, or Chromecast. They connect to your TV via an HDMI cable like your Verizon cable box. They also connect to your router via WiFi which enables them to stream things like ESPN + and Netflix. 

As far as the gigabit connection goes that is a little overkill. Streaming apps only need 35 mpbs max. Gigabit is the equivalent of 1000 mbps. 

0 Likes
GIO-1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why not have ESPN+ as Premium channel to select similar to Fox, HBO, etc.  This would at least allow watching ESPN+ on FIOS app.  Thank you.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

As mentioned previously, this is not offered as a cable channel.

It is only available as a streaming service.

So Verizon can not offer it.

0 Likes