Either no sound or in spanish on NFL HD
tamgrillo

Every sunday during preseason NFL gma ethe HD was in spanish. Tonight opening night of NFL and the HD has no sound. I am very unhappy with this!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Either no sound or in spanish on NFL HD
sjbernst1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bear in mind that the season is just about over but if the problem persists for other sports programming or for next year's 2014 NFL season, this is what I did.  My problem was that all NFL AFC games broadcast by my local CBS affiliate in Washington, DC, had the problem.  The audio was in Spanish even though my Second Audio Program function (SAP) was set to "English".  Not only that, I lost all audio for local broadcast programming from my local Washingron, DC ABC affiliate.  Instead of English audio, I received an annoying and constant beeping tone.  My problem was only on the HD CBS and HD ABC affiliates and did not affect either of the SD broadcasts, whatsoever.

I believe that the problem started with the introduction of IMG 1.9.4.  Verizon downloaded 1.9.4 with the DVS (Descriptive Video Services) turned "ON" instead of "OFF".

Do the following:  Push the "Menu" button.  Select "Settings".  Select "Accessibility".  Select "DVS".  Select "OFF" to disable "DVS".

Hopefully, this will solve your problem.  It worked for me.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
i_ate_the_tacos
Enthusiast - Level 2
Spoiler

go into your tv's audio setup and switch it from secoundary audio

0 Likes
Me too with the no sound or in spanish on NFL HD
LFJr1

We are having this problem also.  Only suggestion is change AUDIO format, which is the first thing you try.  We've gone through all the settings.  Any other suggestions?  I will call Verizon for help and let this forum know if I get an answer.

0 Likes
Re: Me too with the no sound or in spanish on NFL HD
fambaus
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue here outside Boston.

Since opening day of the season the Sunday Night Football telecast has been sending the Telemundo audio to the Boston NBC affiliate. This in the only program on the station with this issue.

Tried In Home Agent, recycle the STB and router with no changes.

TV and STB language setting are OK. TV does not have a secondary audio setting.

My work-around is the use the Rhode Island based NBC affiliate.

0 Likes
Billmoc
You ever get a resolution?
0 Likes
sjbernst1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bear in mind that the season is just about over but if the problem persists for other sports programming or for next year's 2014 NFL season, this is what I did.  My problem was that all NFL AFC games broadcast by my local CBS affiliate in Washington, DC, had the problem.  The audio was in Spanish even though my Second Audio Program function (SAP) was set to "English".  Not only that, I lost all audio for local broadcast programming from my local Washingron, DC ABC affiliate.  Instead of English audio, I received an annoying and constant beeping tone.  My problem was only on the HD CBS and HD ABC affiliates and did not affect either of the SD broadcasts, whatsoever.

I believe that the problem started with the introduction of IMG 1.9.4.  Verizon downloaded 1.9.4 with the DVS (Descriptive Video Services) turned "ON" instead of "OFF".

Do the following:  Push the "Menu" button.  Select "Settings".  Select "Accessibility".  Select "DVS".  Select "OFF" to disable "DVS".

Hopefully, this will solve your problem.  It worked for me.

0 Likes
mjolly1

It worked!!! Thanks soooooooo much! I had tried everything.

0 Likes
majortom

your solution worked for me, too. thank you.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes