Extend Time Recording Idea
Trombino1
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, I give up trying to find the "idea exchange" so I'm using this forum to suggest an enhancement.  Clicking RECORD button while watching a program twice revelas the "Series" options as well as the "Extend End Time" option.  This last option does not appear when you select a program to record from the channel listing guide, yet series options appear.  Every time I record a sport event I need to extend time since these things run late.  This feature was possible on Comcast by clicking 2x but not FiOS.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Extend Time Recording Idea
Trombino1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry, I meant to add that I know how to extend time through "Scheduled Recordings" but that's a lot of extra steps.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

If the event you are recording is labeled live in the guide after you select record it comes up and asks if you want to extend the recoring time and gives you multiple options.  At least that is true on my old Moto 7216, don't know abou the VMS.

0 Likes
Trombino1
Enthusiast - Level 2

If only that were the case with my Arris box.  There is no option to extend when oyu first click a live event.  You need to go to scheduled recordings to extend.  My former Comcast system does what you suggest.  Maybe its my DVR model but that's what I got with FiOS.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If it is supported in the older DVRs, we are supposed to get those features in VMS (Arris hardware) as well.

0 Likes