FIOS Better Not Drop WJAR Channel 10 In RI or I WILL G Back TO COX
rawest

I have just found out that FIOS plans to drop WJAR Ch. 10 in RI and near by MA. If you do this Verizon I will go back to COX Cable. This is not a threat but an honest warning.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Better Not Drop WJAR Channel 10 In RI or I WILL G Back TO COX
coxhereicome

channel 10 goes i go to cox

0 Likes
Verizon dropping WJAR
McEcho

Simple, Drop WJAR our source for local news and weather and a host of other programs and we drop Verizon. I too will switch to COX

0 Likes
Re: Verizon dropping WJAR
PDM2

I will go back to COX if WJAR is dropped

0 Likes
Re: Verizon dropping WJAR
traj00
Enthusiast - Level 2

I won't go to Cox.  I'll simply pick up the station over the air in HD.  What bothers me is that other than a notice on WJAR's broadcast, I haven't heard anything from Verizon.

Apparently things like this aren't important enough to involve the subscribers.  It would be nice if Verizon would send a notice out.  Is NBC going to be covered by another broadcaster or do we lose it all together?

With all the money I send to Verizon each month, I expect better than this.  SHAME ON YOU VERIZON.

Smiley Mad

newna

If Verizon drops channel 10 is this not a breach of contract since when we first subscribed to Verizon we were informed that local stations are part of the package.

0 Likes
dcarey

If Verizon cancels channel 10, RI residents will simply go back to Cox.

The choice is yours, Verizon.

The ball is in your court.

0 Likes
berg123

I agree with the sentiments here.  1) I would consider the loss of NBC to be a breach of contract and will feel no obligation to stay with Fios or pay my next bill for that matter.  2) I find the lack of information coming from Verizon inexcusable, this isn't like losing the OWN network, and 3) even if they get another NBC station, I still think that customers should be compensated for the loss of a major local station.  Regardless, I will seriously consider going back to Cox if this happens, mostly because it's been handled terribly.  Also, Cox customer service is far superior!! 

0 Likes
biggshotter

o if Verizon drops WJAR so that must mean we can sue Verizon for breach of contract!!!!!. i don't know about some of you but i agreed to a 2 year contract with them and if they are not providing a service that is bound by my contract... well my choice is clear i will seek legal

action for breech of contract.

0 Likes
Verizon dropping WJAR --- Do NOT do this....
DontMakeChange

FIOS provides great options.  But if Verizon drops WJAR this will be an absolutely horrible decision.  WJAR is our local station for all news, weather, etc.  It is ridiculous to think that we as customers would not want our own local broadcast station.  Please reconside this decision.  WJAR should remain on our FIOS choices.

0 Likes