FIOS Guide and Thumbnails
900at
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is there any way to configure the guide so the thumbnails do not show up.  I find them very distracting. 

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Guide and Thumbnails
Justin46
Legend

@900at wrote:

Is there any way to configure the guide so the thumbnails do not show up.  I find them very distracting. 

Thanks

Not that I can find. And I agree, they are distracting. But it looks like we are stuck with them, at least for a while.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
NYYNYG274
Enthusiast - Level 2

what thumnails are you reffering to??

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@NYYNYG274 wrote:

what thumnails are you reffering to??

The little graphic that appears in the Guide for the selected channel. They take up space and are generally displayed slightly after you see the rest of the channel info. Just annoying, and not really large or informative enough to provide much benefit IMO.

Edit: This is with the latest software update for the Quantum TV devices. If your VHO has not yet received the latest Quantum software update, you may not be seeing them (yet).

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
900at
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks Justin, that is exactly it.  I hate to say the thumbnails are too small because some programmer will think I want them big.  A picture of a box is ot going to make me choose the channel. 

The issue for me is the lag.  As I scroll through the channels, even a short lag in paint time causes the bottom half of the guide to jump.  I don't know what survey they conducted where a majority said they wanted boxes in the guide but I sure wasn't on the list. 

0 Likes